ROUNDING FIRST Forum Index ROUNDING FIRST
The Official Forum for Jim Fleigner's Rounding First

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with director Jim Fleigner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ROUNDING FIRST Forum Index -> Discussing Rounding First
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Chia
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with director Jim Fleigner Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

Phew... it took me a whole MONTH to transcribe Jim Fleigner's 2 hour interview that he gave me, but it's finally online, and one your simply must NOT miss !

I have launched an entire new section focusing on Jim Fleigner's work , which will also feature that exclusive interview , so check it out as soon as you can. If you have additional questions for Jim, you can ask him those questions right here, and I am sure he will answer them the next time he logs in. Smile

Click on the picture below :

Daniel Chia
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again everyone,

I posted the following at the Official Haley Joel Osment Message Board ( Click on the post to access the original post ) :

and I was delighted to get the following response from Fair :

Thanks so much, Fair ! Smile

Thank you so much for your support, and your extremely kind words and compliments.

It took me so long to transcribe the interview because Jim Fleigner's responses were so rich , and I knew that I just had to capture all that he said accurately .

It was an extremely refreshing and satisfying interview for me, because Jim Fleigner was so honest and open with his thoughts and perspectives , and I appreciated him deeply for that .

How I wish that Hollywood had more writers and directors the caliber of Jim Fleigner , who is not willing to sell out his principles and core values just to make a film that might sell better , In a world where films like Borat, Jackass and the Scary Movie franchise garner millions of dollars at the box office , how refreshing it is to find a director like Jim Fleigner who will not compromise his values .

I for one, am deeply glad for that ! Smile
Jim Fleigner
Writer/Director of Rounding First

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair,

Thanks so much for the kind words, both about the film and the interview. Danchia deserves a lot of credit for the latter, as he asked many thoughtful, probing questions and brought a wonderfully supportive tenor to the conversation.

All too often, interviews done by filmmakers and actors hit all of the same notes and start to sound generic and absent of any real honesty about the process. For better or worse, I try to go in the other direction and be as honest as I can, perhaps to a fault. I also tried to do this in the director commentary on the DVD as well, with my hope being that I can help demystify the process. I know I certainly would have appreciated that when I was a novice filmmaker.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. It is always great to see you on the boards!

Best,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ROUNDING FIRST Forum Index -> Discussing Rounding First All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: